If you’re searching for senior care for a loved one, you’ve likely run into an overwhelming variety of options. For instance, should you hire a professional home care agency, hire an independent caregiver on your own, or use a caregiver registry? When you’re searching for the best senior care Illinois has to offer, it can feel like a difficult decision to make. There are pros and cons inherent in most choices. Here are a few reasons why hiring a professional home care agency like Partners in Senior Care is the best choice for quality care:
- The laborious search for a quality caregiver is off your shoulders. A home care agency not only performs thorough reference, background and driving record checks, but also takes the time to find the perfect caregiver match for each client, taking into account personality, hobbies and common interests in addition to care needs, skills, requested schedule and geographic accessibility.
- You know your caregiver is well-trained, experienced, and supervised. An agency often provides ongoing caregiver training as well as an orientation. Ongoing supervision means that any needed changes or assistance can be identified and corrected. When you hire a caregiver on your own or through a registry, it’s hard to know how experienced he or she is, and the supervision duties fall to you.
- Tax responsibilities fall on the agency – not on you. When you hire a caregiver through a registry or independent hire, you are responsible for the caregiver’s payroll taxes (which often is not disclosed). Alternatively, because all caregivers from a home care agency are employees of the agency, all payroll taxes are paid for by the agency.
- Your loved one will always have a caregiver. At some point, your caregiver will get sick or take a vacation. If you’re working with an agency, your loved one will have a backup caregiver if his or her regular caregiver is out for any reason. Additionally, an agency handles all worker discipline, to assist with situations such as showing up late for work.
- Leave the supervision to us. An agency supervises all caregivers, ensuring that you and your loved one are not open to potential financial, mental or physical abuse.
Choosing the right home care provider for your loved one can be a challenging undertaking, and even if you are selecting a professional home care agency, we know you have many options from which to choose. At Partners in Senior Care, we pride ourselves on providing the high-quality senior care Illinois families can trust. If you would like to learn more about our in-home care services, contact us today.